Personalized Care Using the Highest Quality and Latest Technology
Dr. Rajpal is board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery (ABNS). Dr. Rajpal’s areas of clinical interests include both spine and general neurosurgery. He is appointed to several hospital committees, dedicating his time to improving the delivery of high quality, cost-effective health care to the community. Dr. Rajpal also works on the advancement and development of new spinal technologies and teaches these cutting-edge surgical techniques to colleagues worldwide. While at the Cleveland Clinic, he gained experience in the latest techniques in spinal oncology, minimal access surgery, and complex spinal deformity.
Dr. Rajpal is frequently called upon to present his extensive medical research; delivering more than 100 presentations at international scientific meetings. He has released over 35 publications in peer-reviewed journals and authored numerous book chapters. As an educator, Dr. Rajpal has led more than 40 educational spine courses as a Chairman or Instructor. During that time, he has taught over 750 medical professionals including nursing and hospital staff, in addition to over 1600 spine surgeons from 25+ countries.
Meet Dr. Sharad Rajpal:
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Complex Spine Surgery
- Brain Disorders
- Brain Tumor Surgery
Education and Training:
- Fellowship: Orthopedic and Neurological Surgery Spine at Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Residency: Neurological Surgery at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison, WI
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison, WI
Honors and Accomplishments:
- Youngest Neurosurgical resident to receive the much coveted Resident Academic Achievement Award, an award he went on to collect twice.
- For his research on spinal cord injury, Dr. Rajpal was also presented both the Congress of Neurological Surgeons Synthes Spine Fellowship Award (2006) and the American Association of Neurological Surgeons/Congress of Neurological Surgeons Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves Mayfield Basic Science Award (2007). These national awards are conferred to a single Neurosurgical trainee per year.
- American Board of Neurological Surgery (ABNS) – Board Certified
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- AANS/CNS Joint Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Colorado Neurosurgical Society
- Boulder County Medical Society
“Neurosurgical conditions, from the straightforward disc herniation to the complex brain tumor, can create neurologically devastating and high-anxiety situations for patients and their loved ones. When seeking care for neurosurgical conditions, patients want to be treated by competent physicians who offer the latest technological and surgical techniques, but they also deserve to be treated in a climate that fosters trust and joint decision-making.
“My mission is to provide high-quality and personalized care for each of my patients. I define high-quality care as treating patients and their families with the respect and dignity that they deserve while using cutting-edge therapies to treat their neurosurgical conditions. I determine the treatment approach I will use, whether operative or non-operative, after thoughtful consideration of the patient as an individual. Even though two patients may have exactly the same diagnosis, they may require, or desire, completely different treatments—this type of personalized care is what sets physicians apart from one another. By providing information, advice, and answers to any questions or concerns patients may have, I help them navigate through the care process, from initial consultation to the end of treatment.
“I encourage patients and physicians to give us an opportunity to prove why we take such pride in our patient care and outcomes.”
Recent and Upcoming Presentations:
- January 7th 2021 • 6-7pm: Navigated Nanotechnology – An Evening with the Experts* (webinar)
*For Health Care Providers